Tomorrow is my first day at LinkedIn! (which I guess makes this day 0)
I decided to five ether than fly. LinkedIn covers the cost for me either way, but having a car will make it so much easier to get around while I'm here. I started today by saying by to the family. They were all up early. My ittle almost 4 year old girl was sad to see me go, but excited to 'talk on the computer' (Skype). I've been going a little crazy at home since the semester ended with watching kids so much(new baby and all). I never thought I'd be so sad to go, but I was.
Driving wasn't too bad. I've driven down to Anaheim plenty of times, which is about the same distance. It took me 11 hours. I checked in at the hotel LinkedIn is providing for my 2 week temporary housing. Pretty nice place.
Tomorrow I'm showing up with a ton of paperwork already filled out that I'm going to turn in. That's really about all I know at thing point.
I'm excited to meet a ton of people and learn new stuff, but I've also been so anxious without really knowing much for months since finding out I'd be at LinkedIn.
Here's to tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment